- The Five: Chris Cuomo’s
- Monday numbers: Hannity-Steyn (Tuck)-Chaffetz (Laura) 1-2-3.
- The Mirror: Chris Cuomo, Tomi, Mollie Hemingway, et al.
- CNN anchor erupts: ‘I’ll f-ing throw you down these stairs!’
- Flashback: When Chris Cuomo had no problem with ‘Fredo’.
- Davis: ‘No network has less moral standing‘ in this than CNN.
- CNN exec: Eric and Don ‘dumb brothers‘. Weekend numbers.
- Hannity video: Joe Concha discusses
- The Fox News anchor who’s beating her broadcast competition.
Updated 6:33 pm Use our valuable bandwidth to post your cable news comments in today’s open thread.
Happy Thanksgiving from johnny dollar’s place!
- Stan Freberg:
- Bob Newhart:
- WKRP in Cincinnati:
- Tom Shillue: The best (and worst) Thanksgiving side dishes.
- Daniel Krauthammer: Lessons my father taught me.
- Audio: A Thanksgiving message from Johnny Dollar:
Every year on this day we present Stan Freberg’s enduring Christmas parable. Produced well over a half century ago, its message remains timeless:
- Stan Freberg: Green Chri$tma$ album
Classic Christmas radio broadcasts:
- Lights Out: Uninhabited
- The New Adventures of Nero Wolfe: The Case of the Slaughtered Santas
- Lux Radio Theater: Miracle on 34th Street
- Yours Truly, Johnny Dollar: The Red Mystery Matter
Classic Christmas television episodes:
- Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet: Busy Christmas
- Dragnet 1968: The Christmas Story
- Newhart: No Room at the Inn
- Night Gallery: The Messiah on Mott Street
- Christmas in Washington (1989): Highlights with President and Mrs Bush, Olivia Newton-John, Diahann Carroll, Vic Damone, et al
Classic Christmas movies:
- Babes in Toyland (March of the Wooden Soldiers)
- A Christmas Story amazon iTunes
- The Lemon Drop Kid
- Home Alone amazon iTunes
- Miracle on 34th Street (1947) amazon iTunes
- Miracle on 34th Street (1994) amazon iTunes
Sounds of the season:
- David Ian & Acacia: Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas album
- George Shearing: God Rest Ye Merry, Gentlemen album
- Vince Guaraldi: Christmastime Is Here album
- Katherine McPhee: Jingle Bells album
- Crystal Lewis: O Holy Night album
Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah from johnny dollar’s place.
- Thursday’s numbers: Sean Hannity-Rachel Maddow-The Five 1-2-3.
- Farhi: Who screwed up on CNN’s debunked, retracted Russia report?
- Specialists on life support? Pre-empted today for 2-hour Special Report.
- Attkisson: Why most distrust media. The controversy over Lord’s firing.
- Somerby: Latest Morning Joe bungle is comic relief, but also instructive.
- Carol Costello’s plan for HLN: ‘Cut the bullsh!t‘. Video: Eboni K on Extra.
- Manriquez: Fox News millennial covering the White House a ‘rising star’.
- Flood: Joe & Mika ascribe their success to ‘total freedom’ and ‘raw talent’.
- Daum: Today morning gig plans to showcase the softer side of Megyn Kelly.
A little while ago, after Andrea Tantaros’s lawsuit was made public, your humble correspondent was approached by Mediaite for an interview on the subject of Fox News ‘sock puppet’ twitter accounts. I said yes; Lindsey Ellefson submitted the questions via email and I responded. But the contemplated Mediaite post didn’t pan out, and Ms Ellefson agreed that we could publish the Q&A here, at J$P.
Best wishes from J$P for a happy and meaningful 4th of July.