01/30/11 12:02 Filed in: links
01/29/11 00:53 Filed in: links
- Zurawik: Piers goes live, and it’s unimpressive.
- (MS)NBC in a Comcast world.
- Video: Reliable Sources on Bachmann coverage.
- Video: Fox News Watch on Keith Olbermann.
- Mushnick: The real reason Olby is out.
- Watson: Olbermann firing poorly timed.
- Tom Brokaw dodges the Olbermann question.
- Larry O’Donnell and his $88 socks.
- Sunday talkers: preview, tip sheet, HuffPo recap.
01/28/11 00:13 Filed in: links
- Beck bumped! Shep covers Egypt at 5:00 pm.
- Thursday’s numbers: Bill-Bret-Hannity 1-2-3. Piers plummets!
- Salon: Al Jazeera embarrasses US cable news.
- Video: Greg Palkot in Egypt.
- MSNBC tells Big Ed: no more ‘Psycho Talk’.
- ‘Colorful’ Ed Schultz emails surface.
- Tobin: Beck vs the rabbis...they’re both wrong.
- The Wrap: Comcast can’t escape Olbermann blame.
- Friedman: Will Olby replace Park & Spit?
- New hires at CNN.com, CNN. Soledad at Emory U; Q&A.
01/27/11 00:01 Filed in: links
- Wednesday’s numbers: O’Reilly-Hannity-Baier 1-2-3.
- Video: Shep explains FNC employees’ snow options.
- Zurawik: Maddow’s uninformed SotU snark is not journalism.
- Deggans: CNN’s SotU highlights problems w/Piers & Spit.
- Dean: Getting ready for the baby. Claman: women in Davos.
- Video: Chris Wallace w/Don Imus part one, part two.
- CNN hackles raised when Spitzer goes off-script (via CB).
- Goldstein: Piers shows real potential (as viewers dwindle).
- Video: Anthony Weiner gets snippy with Judge Nap.
- Rainey slams FNC focus group; Frank Luntz explains.
- What are Comcast’s plans for (MS)NBC News?
- Video: Bill O’Reilly takes issue with Jon Stewart.
- Soros-backed group targets Beck, Ailes. FNC responds.
01/26/11 00:22 Filed in: links
- Tuesday’s numbers: Analysis/FNC, SotU/FNC, O’Reilly 1-2-3.
- SotU and analysis: FNC crushes CNN, MSNBC.
- Boedeker: Olbermann’s fall due to his arrogance.
- VIdeo: Imus calls Rachel Maddow a ‘gutless coward’.
- Will MSNBC get over its Palin sickness?
- Zurawik on SotU: CNN, FNC excellent; MSNBC not.
- Q&A: Jenna Lee, Claman in Davos, O’Donnell, Cavuto, Big Ed.
- CNN retracts false story about accused Wiki leaker.
01/25/11 00:44 Filed in: links
- Monday’s numbers: Bill-Hannity-Baier 1-2-3. Weekend numbers.
- Rumor: MSNBC interested in hiring Alec Baldwin? Or not?
- Arend: Olby’s exit will consume humanity in a new Dark Age!
- Greta: Let’s stop the hand-wringing over Olbermann.
- Intramural feud: Roger Ailes vs the junior Murdochs?
- Video: Red Eye salutes Keith Olbermann.
- Rick Sanchez resurfaces, comments on Olbermann.
- Video: Bernard Goldberg on the MSNBC goings-on.
- Who really fired Olbermann? The military-industrial complex!
- Zurawik: Ed Rendell signs w/MSNBC; Q&A. AJ Hammer re-ups.
- Q&A: Neil Cavuto on SotU coverage, Big Ed part two, Cenk.
01/24/11 00:00 Filed in: links
- Friday’s numbers: O’Reilly-Hannity-Bream 1-2-3. Piers slips.
- Audio: John Gibson sez Comcast fired Olby.
- Daily Finance: Comcast unlikely to overhaul MSNBC.
- Video: Glenn Beck on Olby’s departure.
- Q&A: Coop, John Stossel, Big Ed. Bret Baier: rapper.
- SotU coverage rundown.
- Haddad: Piers Morgan is the new King.
- MSNBC to hire Ed Rendell? Dan Abrams to ABC?
- NYT: Years of tension led to Olbermann/MSNBC split. WSJ: The end of a tumultuous affair. LAT: Unanswered questions. The Week: Five theories.
- Yahoo: Where will KO end up? How about Senator Olby? Or Sirius?
- Barnhart: NBC blew it. MacNicol: Will MSNBC regret dumping KO? Boedeker: How will Keith be remembered? Zucker reacts. Twitter explodes.
01/23/11 20:39 Filed in: slanders
01/22/11 07:34 Filed in: links
- Zurawik: We’re better off without Olbermann and his smears.
- Video: Reliable Sources on Olbermann etc.
- ICN: It’s time for CNN to deal with Park & Spit.
- Telegraph: Piers should drop the Brit shtick.
- Video: Fox News Watch on Tucson coverage.
- TMZ: Olby’s secret deal. NYT: Weeks of negotiations. More.
- ICN: What it means for MSNBC. Deadline H’wood: A right turn? Big Ed cut to four days; Larry O gets five. OlbyWatch: Keith is the winner.
- Salon: Goodnight and good riddance. Olby week in review.
- H’wood Reporter: KO’s ten options. EW: Next stop Hollywood? Forbes: Should CNN hire him? Poniewozik: Opportunities. Salon: A victim of his own success?
- Mediaite: Why Olby is out. TMZ: He was fired. Bercovici: Was it Comcast’s doing? NY Post: Olby was paid to leave. Video: AC360 on Olbermann’s exit.
- Sunday talkers: preview, tip sheet, HuffPo recap.
01/22/11 06:43 Filed in: videos
01/21/11 00:24 Filed in: links
- Keith Olbermann out at MSNBC! New schedule. Is Comcast cleaning house? It was a stealth move. Kurtz: It was a long time coming. Video: Olby’s farewell. Flashback: Olby says firing ‘a groundless fear’.
- Thursday’s numbers: O’Reilly-Hannity-Wallace 1-2-3.
- Zurawik: Piers ratings could spell trouble for CNN.
- Post-surgery update: Soledad is doing fine.
- Video: Megyn Kelly w/Don Imus part one, part two.
- Is Martin Bashir’s show finally about to debut?
- J.R. Dunn: Why did MSNBC cancel me?
- As Zucker moves out, Immelt moves up.
- Videos: Matthews w/Colbert, Piers w/Letterman.
- Juan Williams talks education in Charlotte.
- Video: The Judge on how to bring freedom to China.
01/20/11 00:23 Filed in: links
- Wednesday’s numbers: Bill-Wallace-Hannity 1-2-3.
- Finally, Countdown hits #1...online.
- Piers grills Condi: cooking, dating, and marriage! (via CB)
- Video: Gretchen Carlson’s ear gets licked. More.
- Tuesday’s numbers: O’Reilly-Hannity-Wallace 1-2-3.
- Michael Steele looking for cable gig.
- Poll: FNC most trusted (and distrusted) cablenewser.
- FEC complaint against Hannity dismissed.
- Q&A: Eric Bolling, from baseball to business.
- Video: Chris Wallace w/ Don Imus part one, part two.
- Five ideas to improve Piers Morgan Tonight.
- Paper drops Parker column until she’s off CNN.
01/19/11 00:33 Filed in: links
- Night two: Hannity tops PMT, Piers wins demo. Monday’s numbers: Bill-Hannity-Baier 1-2-3. Weekend numbers.
- New F&F flap: Joan, Melissa, and Sarah (via TVN). More.
- Comcastic merger a boon for Bloomberg, FBN.
- Suzanne Malveaux to anchor CNN Newsroom.
- New Pew: PEJ analysis of Tucson coverage.
- It’s come to this: CNN apologizes for saying ‘crosshairs’!
- Video: Beck & Ablow on Today Show, w/Imus part one, part two.
01/18/11 00:14 Filed in: links
- Friday’s numbers: Bill-Hannity-Baier 1-2-3.
- FCC approves NBC’s Comcastic merger despite opposition,
- After losing to Hannity Piers boasts that he’ll beat him.
- Esquire profile: Roger Ailes ‘threatens US stability’ (via TVN).
- Video: Wallace & Wallace w/Don Imus part one, part two.
- The Mole...Regis...now Coop lands a part on Broadway!
- Video: Bernard Goldberg on pundit political attacks.
- Roland S Martin at W-SU. Gerri Willis on home values.
- Zurawik: Piers/Oprah and Hannity/Palin, shilling and spinning.
- Piers premiere: Globe: fawning; Guardian: chummy; EW: tenacious; TV Guide: toadying; Chickaboomer: suck-up; CBS: nothing special; Inquirer: mischievous; Deadline: unsurprising; Anglotopia: strong; AV Club: sedate; WaPo: droning; NY Post: surprisingly good; St Pete Times: obsequious; NY: sycophantic; IndieWire: fascinating; NYT: timid; H’Wood Reporter: flat; NYDN: cordial; The Wrap: softballs; Time: cheeky; Winnipeg FP: deferential.
01/17/11 00:51 Filed in: links
- Wolf to go in-depth on today’s most momentous news story.
- Park & Spit: last place, but a stronger last place.
- Biznets ignore breaking Apple news, except for one.
- Civility through ignorance? A Donny Deutsch embarrassment.
- Video: Piers Morgan on Good Morning America and The View.
- Will Piers continue Larry’s celebrity voyeurism? Inside PM Tonight.
- Morganmania: Piers is the anti-King; he’s peerless and fearless, cheeky, a brilliant interviewer and a boy wonder!
01/16/11 21:00 Filed in: slanders
01/15/11 00:35 Filed in: links
- Greta: Don’t charge Eric Fuller.
- Video: Reliable Sources on the AZ media aftermath.
- Paper publishes praise from Piers’s peers.
- Video: Fox News Watch on the media blame game.
- Julie Banderas loses weekend anchor slots; fans react.
- CNN adds Isha Sesay to Coop 360.
- Sunday talkers: preview, tip sheet, HuffPo recap.
01/14/11 00:07 Filed in: links
- Thursday’s numbers: Bill-Hannity-Baier 1-2-3. Weekly ranker.
- Rick Sanchez rehab tour: insecurity and sadness.
- Did Coop try to gin up opposition to BP? He sez no.
- Q&A: Piers Morgan; Mike Emanuel part one, part two.
- News Corp jumps to the defense of...NBC!
- Olby week in review: bad oysters.
- Will Mark Levin sue Chris Matthews? More.
- Video: Judge Napolitano with Dr Marc Lamont Hill.
01/13/11 00:15 Filed in: links
- Wednesday’s numbers: Tucson/FNC-Baier-Beck 1-2-3.
- Palin to do FNC interview Monday...with Hannity.
- Controversy swirls around Rick Sanchez fundraisers.
- Roger Ailes and Russell Simmons make a love connection?
- ICN: Piers snaps back at Greta with twitter overkill.
- Video: Chris Wallace w/Imus on Obama speech pt one, pt two.
- Grace takes on extra hour pending Dr Drew.
- Cablenewsers named to two influentials lists.
- Robyn Meredith to Bloomberg. Dubrow to helm Dr Drew.
- Video: Fox News panel reactions to Obama speech.
01/12/11 22:29 Filed in: slanders
01/12/11 01:15 Filed in: links
- A new idea: keep Park, dump Spit!
- Tuesday’s numbers: Bill-Baier-Hannity 1-2-3.
- Greta: Posh Piers launch party not what Fox would do. Analysis.
- Cincinnati Mag: Bill Hemmer remembers Haiti [pdf].
- How FNC/NYT reported dubious shooter-supremacist tie.
- Piers plan to pick fights kicks off with O’Reilly jab.
- Coop gathers AIDS activists for special hour.
- Video: Judge Napolitano on threats to your rights.
- Larry King finds work, as ‘Morgan mania’ sweeps the planet!
01/11/11 01:55 Filed in: links
- Monday’s numbers: Bill-Baier-Beck 1-2-3.
- Weekend numbers. Saturday shooting: FNC-CNN-MSNBC 1-2-3. Glenn Garvin: Why MSNBC got clobbered on Saturday.
- Reese Schonfeld: Who killed Gabrielle Giffords?
- Ad buyers skeptical of Piers Morgan buys.
- Video: News Watch Skype Gripe on media finger-pointing.
- New Pew overview of 2011 paints CNN as outlier (via TVN).
- Parker fighting for her job as dismissal looms.
- Howard Kurtz profile: Joe Scarborough (via ICN).
- MSNBC debuts iPad app featuring Rachel Maddow.
- Thank cable news for a climate of hate?
- Video: Jake Tapper talks to Don Imus, part one, part two.
- Video: Bernard Goldberg on media irresponsibility.
- Video: Judge Napolitano on freedom and an American tragedy.
- Olbermann ‘reforms’ Worst Persons, by calling it something else.
01/10/11 00:47 Filed in: links
- Friday’s numbers: Bill-Bret-Shep 1-2-3.
- Profile: Eric Bolling is on a roll.
- John Roberts makes FNC debut on Studio-B.
- Janice Dean has pictures of Courtney’s baby.
- Happy, happy! Joy, joy! Rick Sanchez resurfaces.
- Howard Kurtz on media finger-pointing.
- FNC’s Dr Coomer has successful cancer surgery.
- CNN revamps graphics, adds CNNi, names Piers guests.
- Leading candidate to replace Parker: E.D. Hill?
- Olby to drop Worst Persons shtick again? Or not?
- Things for CNN to consider re Park & Spit. More.
- Q&A: Ailes & Simmons (via ICN), Eric Bolling, Gerri Willis.
- Hot & Not: Parker, John Roberts, O’Reilly, and more.
01/09/11 20:22 Filed in: slanders
01/08/11 00:45 Filed in: links
- CNN considers replacing Park, keeping Spit.
- Video: Megyn Kelly interviews Sheriff Dupnik.
- Video: Hero intern who saved Rep Giffords’s life.
- Video: Mother of Roxanna Green, 9-yr-old victim.
- Video: Reliable Sources on media finger-pointing.
- Video: Olby blames Beck, Palin, Bill etc. Kurtz responds.
- Cablers cover Giffords shooting. Special coverage skeds. FNC brings in weekday talent for Sunday coverage.
- Video: Bill Hemmer talks to Rep Giffords [Jan 7 2011].
- The Olbermann/Gabrielle Giffords connection.
- Fired CNNer escorted out of building. Greta comments.
- Cablers set to cover Haiti anniversary.
- Olby week in review: starting the new year right.
- Video: The most fascinating Park & Spit moment yet.
- Sunday talkers: preview, tip sheet.
01/07/11 00:41 Filed in: links
- Thursday’s numbers: O’Reilly-Baier-Hannity
- Dr Drew pushes Behar back to 10:00 pm.
- Video: Michio Kaku throws water on the ‘aflockalypse’.
- Q&A: Shibani Joshi at CES 2011.
- Video: Gretchen’s wild ride. More.
- Video: Oops, did Mika say that?!
- Journos unimpressed by Piers’s Oprah ‘get’.
- Piers is CNN’s capitulation to opinion news?
- Piers plans: pick fights, be polarizing, and don’t do it live.
01/06/11 00:59 Filed in: links
- Wednesday’s numbers: Bill-Baier-Hannity 1-2-3.
- O’Reilly snags exclusive pre-Super Bowl interview with Obama.
- NPR/Juan Williams fallout: Weiss resigns. Video: Juan reacts.
- MSNBC hires homeless man for voice-overs.
- Hill reporter slams Olbermann’s ‘journalism’.
- Audio: Brian Kilmeade talks with Major Garrett .
- CNN explains ‘freedom project’. Piers snags Oprah.
- Reena Ninan’s good news: it’s a boy!
- Coop rolls eyes at mention of Kathy Griffin.
- Big Ed walks back ‘bastard’ crack; Joe breaks House rules.
01/05/11 00:34 Filed in: links
- Tuesday’s numbers: Bill-Bret-Hannity.
- Chris Matthews snipes at Joe...or does he?
- Nancy Grace re-ups with HLN.
- Audio: Gibbs replacement convo w/surprising names.
- Cablers cover Congressional commencement.
- Why John Roberts went to FNC: loyalty.
- Q&A: Piers Morgan, Soledad O’Brien.
- Zurawik: three cheers for conflict!
- Video: The Judge interviews Glenn Beck.
- Audio: Orlando Salinas on diabetes and his reporting career.
01/04/11 00:51 Filed in: links
- Monday’s numbers: Bill-Baier-Hannity 1-2-3.
- What cable news show made top ten tv influentials list?
- Judith Miller responds to her attackers.
- Sanchez launches website with purloined pictures?
- PR stunts worked: CNN edges FNC on New Years Eve. Friday’s numbers: Coop/Griffin-Hemmer/Kelly-Bream 1-2-3. Weekend numbers
- Coop takes over King slot pending Piers premiere..
- FBN reveals CES coverage plans.
- New FBN promo jabs at MSNBC.
- Red blogs unimpressed by new FNC hire.
- Video: Tucker Carlson on the RNC debate and executing Vick.
01/04/11 00:06 Filed in: videos
01/03/11 00:01 Filed in: links
- Thursday’s numbers: O’Reilly-Wallace-Faulkner 1-2-3.
- As Griffeth returns to CNBC, Bartiromo plummets.
- So there are friends of Rick Sanchez?
- John Roberts joins FNC: more. ICN: another CNN failure.
- MSNBCNBC to air shows from 2011 CES.
- CNN shutters its San Fran bureau (via ICN).
- The Beck Effect is real.
- Soledad focuses on Ernest Withers.
- Audio: Brian Wilson talks to Bret Baier.
01/02/11 20:07 Filed in: slanders