06/30/12 00:45 Filed in: links
- Video flashback: Mitt Romney with Neil Cavuto, April 2006.
- Internal disputes re Soledad show part of CNN ‘blame game’.
- Reliable Sources video: Pundits flunk, cablers bungle, more.
- News Watch video: Media coverage of SCOTUS decision.
- Sunday talkers: preview, tip sheet.
- Video: Laura and Geraldo cross swords over Fast and Furious.
- Fox News Channel makes the difference for News Corp.
- CNNers hyperventilate over SCOTUS call. CNN’s no-fly zone.
06/29/12 00:01 Filed in: links
- The Five video: Is Obamacare really free?
- Thursday’s numbers: SCOTUS-Laura-Hannity 1-2-3.
- SCOTUS: FNC’s 3 million tops CNN+MSNBC combined.
- Ten cablenews shows that shouldn’t have been cancelled.
- Greta: People are going overboard about a harmless error.
- Profile: Melissa Francis. Video: John King abdicates.
- Willie Geist, broadcast network news anchor?!?
- The Hill: Fox News legal analysts ‘the most professionally accurate’.
06/28/12 19:20 Filed in: videos
06/28/12 00:00 Filed in: links
- Wednesday’s numbers: Hannity-JuanWilliams-Baier 1-2-3.
- Publius: CNBC ratings crash as FBN surges? Video Q&A: Shep.
- Video: Cavuto interviews Murdoch part one, part two, part three.
- Somerby: Dishonest Maddow could learn from Soledad O’Brien.
- Health care cable news confusion. FNC speaks. More. And more.
- Breaking The Cycle: ratings disaster, topped by 5:00 am F&F First.
- News Corp’s split decision. Gasparino another Pulitzer wannabe?
06/27/12 00:11 Filed in: links
- The Five video: Previewing the Obamacare ruling.
- Tuesday’s numbers: Laura-Hannity-Greta 1-2-3.
- Cavuto to interview Murdoch live. Profile: Melissa Francis.
- Q2 program ranker. The Cycle sagged on opening day.
- ICN: Opinionaters aren’t the magic bullet for CNN’s slump
- Rolling Stone rolls out the superlatives: yep, a Maddow profile.
- Q2: Piers Morgan’s ratings are the lowest ever for CNN at 9:00 pm.
06/26/12 00:31 Filed in: links
- Byers: What’s wrong at CNN?
- The Five video: Why all that hype over The Newsroom?
- Monday’s numbers: Laura-Baier-Hannity-The Five 1-2-3-4.
- The worst cable news shows ever? How quickly we forget.
- Fox News secures its HQ for the RNC. Weekend numbers.
- Video: The Judge on why killings are far worse than leaks.
- Poor: NYT Hayes hype misrepresented his dismal ratings.
- High anxiety at Time-Warner: CNN craters at 21-year low.
- Q2: FNC holds top 13 slots; MSNBC down double digits.
- CNN and HLN play musical anchors; Kyung Lah to L.A.
- Somerby: Confusion and contradictions rampant on MSNBC.
- CNBC sinks to 7-year low. Bloomberg’s Pulitzer pretense.
- Greg Burke: the prequel. News Corp headed to Splitsville?
06/25/12 00:45 Filed in: links
- Friday’s numbers: O’Reilly-Shep/10p-Hannity/Shep/9p 1-2-3.
- Sandusky verdict: Fox News tops MSNBCNNHLN combined.
- Video: Shannon Bream goes ‘over the edge’ for Spec Olympics.
- The Cycle: Dinner party conversation...without the conversation?
- Somerby: Who taught Hayes how to talk? Today’s Hayes hype.
- Trefis: Time-Warner must take action to reverse CNN slump.
- VIdeo: Juan Williams with Don Imus part one, part two.
- Campbell Brown resurfaces (via TVN). A day with The Rev.
- The Times gushes over Newsroom to make excuses for CNN.
- Hot & Not: Malveaux, The Cycle, Andrea Mitchell, Maddow, etc.
06/24/12 17:11 Filed in: slanders
06/23/12 00:05 Filed in: links
- Reliable Sources videos: Politico bias, Fast and Furious, more.
- Former CBS Newser gives up defending (MS)NBC (via ICN).
- FNC’s Greg Burke accepts post as Vatican media advisor.
- News Watch video: Are the media interested in Fast & Furious?
- Somerby: Maddow repeats untruth, tops it with a dishonest edit.
- Wemple: MSNBC finally makes a smart move... copying Fox!
- Get out the drool cup: NY Times profiles Up host Hayes.
- Bella: Was Fox intimidated by Jay Carney? Huck: stuck?
- Sunday talk: preview, tip sheet HuffPo recap. Cablers up late.
- McCall: Tired, formulaic, yappy CNN needs a journalism doctor.
06/22/12 00:05 Filed in: links
- The Five video: Why defacing currency is the rage in Hollywood.
- Thursday’s numbers: O’Reilly-Hannity-Greta 1-2-3.
- Cable beats broadcast: Mr Bill again tops The Bieb.
- Journo suspended for racial crack on MSNBC about Romney & Fox.
- CNN is undisputed #1 news channel...in the Arabic Middle-East.
- Q&A: Cheryl Casone on Moody’s. Insider video: Melissa Francis.
- ICN: Forget their self-serving jive; MSNBC now has no news brand.
- In Soledad’s world, she’s made Starting Point appointment viewing.
06/21/12 00:05 Filed in: links
- Cable beats broadcast: Bill O’Reilly tops Justin Bieber!
- The Five: Wednesday’s most-watched 5pm hour on all cable.
- Wednesday’s numbers: O’Reilly-Hannity-Greta 1-2-3.
- MSNBC’s 3pm show:
The FiveThe Cycle, featuring a truther.
- Video: Impartial MSNBC journalist rules for WH on ExecPriv.
- Video: Ed Henry with Imus on the Fast and Furious flap.
- CNBC and Jim Cramer under fire for facebook fiasco. More.
- Videos: Bret Baier and Bill O’Reilly zing (MS)NBC.
- Peters: Fox & Friends reaps ratings as controversy swirls.
- Preview: Dr Marc Siegel interviews Ann Romney about MS.
06/20/12 00:01 Filed in: links
- Video: Neil Cavuto’s epic takedown of Lawrence O’Donnell.
- Tuesday’s numbers: O’Reilly-Hannity-Baier-The Five 1-2-3-4.
- Somerby: Maddow’s latest con game is especially dishonest.
- Cable news swells gather for breast cancer charity fund-raiser.
- Video: The Judge on Exec Privilege: they can’t have it both ways.
- Video: Mike Baker talks with Imus about national security leaks.
- Another bright idea for CNN. Hannity edit under scrutiny.
- MSNBC hires S.E. Cupp, leaves announcement to Comedy Central!
- ICN: Andrea Mitchell is well on her way to destroying her reputation.
06/19/12 00:01 Filed in: links
- The Five video: Is The America’s Cup for the birds?
- Monday’s numbers: O’Reilly-Hannity-Greta-The Five 1-2-3-4.
- Bill O’Reilly receiving hate mail over his immigration stance.
- Dobbs tops CNBC. CNN’s Silver promoted. Weekend numbers.
- Rothman: Mitchell ‘response’ another nail in the credibility coffin.
- Video: Andrea Mitchell gives no apology, explanation, or defense.
- ICN: Latest deceptive MSNBC clip worse than Zimmerman edit.
- Scammers create fake foxnews.com to hawk dangerous diet plan.
- Scott Brown: I won’t be part of a debate sponsored by MSNBC.
- Video: Bernard Goldberg takes issue with Donaldson and Lemon.
- Video: The Five with some behind-the-scenes from Fox Fan Night.
06/18/12 00:29 Filed in: links
- The Five video: The legacy of criminal/victim Rodney King.
- Friday’s numbers: O’Reilly-Hannity-Baier-The Five 1-2-3-4.
- MSNBC viewers outraged over the thought of MSNBCupp.
- Video: The droning about drones results in a correction.
- Adam Housley’s night in the ER. MSNBC’s Meghan: pot-head.
- CNN rebranding its noon report as Newsroom: International.
- MSNBC 3pm will have rotating co-hosts, just like...what again?
- Video: Harvey Weinstein talks politics and feel-good movies.
- Q&A: Melissa Francis; Joe and Mika; Don Lemon; Alex Wagner.
- Alisyn Camerota reveals: ‘I’m Bi’ Politifact rates Matthews’s latest.
- ICN: Touré choice no surprise from today’s news-phobic MSNBC.
06/16/12 00:05 Filed in: links
- Lean forward: Will MSNBC give a truther the 3:00pm slot?
- Video: Fox’s Shannon Bream to go ‘over the edge’.
- Reliable Sources videos: The post-Watergate press and more.
- News Watch video: A rough media week for President Obama.
- Bill’s pitch. Sunday talkers: preview, tip sheet, HuffPo recap.
- Sunday special: Gerri Willis covers the Greek elections.
- Video: Neil Cavuto’s Father’s Day thoughts. Advice from Dad.
06/15/12 00:05 Filed in: links
- The Five video: Is a welfare vice ban the best stimulus?
- Thursday’s numbers: O’Reilly-Hannity-Baier 1-2-3.
- Video: MSNBC splices bus explosions into Romney bus tour!
- Zurawik: Was Malkin/Williams clash cable madness or great tv?
- Q&A: Triathlete Jenna Lee, LA Kings fan Liz Claman.
- Livestation to bring European news channels to US computers.
- Video: Chris Wallace explains his run-in with the law.
- Preview of Friday special: Fox Files—The Enemy Within.
- Youtube plans give ray of hope to CNN and Current.
- Video: MSNBC’s Meghan talks politics...with Imus on FBN.
- How is it CNN has awful ratings but pulls in record profits?
- Venomous ambusher Jesse Watters’s latest victim speaks out.
06/14/12 00:00 Filed in: links
- The Five video: Bob Beckel loses it over tubs.
- Wednesday’s numbers: O’Reilly-Hannity-Greta 1-2-3.
- FNC revives Fox Files with in-depth probe of Fort Hood case.
- Chris Wallace Arrested!! Umm...no he wasn’t. Roasted Candy.
- Xtopher: Conservatism wins every argument on...Morning Joe?!?
- Video: Bob Beckel talks with Imus and takes a shot at Malkin.
- Massing: Dumb & Dumber—How low can CNN sink? (v/Mediaite)
- Poor: Wagner’s Now doesn’t break the mold, it replicates it.
- ICN: CNN explanations of King reassignment are unconvincing.
- Video: FNC contributors clash—Juan Williams vs Michelle Malkin.
06/13/12 00:05 Filed in: links
- Tuesday’s numbers: O’Reilly-Hannity-Baier 1-2-3. Q&A: Behar.
- Video: Shep ridicules CNN’s low-rated Casey Anthony ‘interview’.
- CNN cancels John King USA, replaces with...more Situation Room.
- Come see the softer side of Piers. CNBC and Yahoo team up.
- Somerby: FNC vs MSNBC face-off. Dana’s image-bending lingo.
- Flip, meet Flop: Big Ed condemns ‘Stop Rush’ campaign he promoted!
06/12/12 00:05 Filed in: links
- The Five video: Does Amber still have a crush on Obama?
- Monday’s numbers: O’Reilly-Hannity-Greta 1-2-3. Now hits bottom.
- Q&A: Liz Claman and her LA Kings; Joy Behar. Weekend numbers.
- Surprise! MSNBC’s Repub hated all GOP candidates...except one.
- ICN: Phil Griffin’s jab at MSNBC news anchors bodes ill for them.
- Maloney: Why in the world are radio suits taking Geraldo national?
- Lawsuit vs Jessie Jackson alleges liason with FNC contributor.
- Video: Bernard Goldberg on what Chris Matthews admitted.
06/11/12 00:00 Filed in: links
- The Five video: Howard Dean likens Romney to Ahmadinejad.
- Friday’s numbers: Laura-Hannity-Baier 1-2-3.
- Rothman: With D-Rat gone, MSNBC completes its hard left turn.
- Profile: Dana Perino—pundit, entrepreneur, and mentor.
- Video: Gretchen Carlson on The View part one, part two.
- Current hires another cast-off: Joy Behar. Video: Hayes on Today.
- Hot & Not: Newscore, D-Rat, CNN, North, etc. Geraldo goes national.
- Ratigan: I left MSNBC to crusade in new ways. Yeah, that’s the ticket!
06/09/12 00:15 Filed in: links
- The more things change...? Ratigan exits, Bashir takes his place.
- Reliable Sources videos: Sagging ratings, Mitt, and more.
- Surprise! Politico drools over third-tier MSNBCer (via ICN).
- News Watch video: Coverage of the recall and its aftermath.
- Mum’s the word at (MS)NBC. Today’s oops.
- Specials: The Empowered Patient; GPS Immigration Roadmap.
- Is CNN takeover of Mashable imminent? Melissa’s Belmont picks.
- Sunday talk: preview, tip sheet, HuffPo recap. Q&A: Uygur (via TVN).
06/08/12 00:36 Filed in: links
06/07/12 00:59 Filed in: links
- Audio: FNC contributors clash - Sally Kohn vs Michelle Malkin.
- VIdeo: Barney Frank gets snippy w/Melissa Francis pt one, pt two.
- Wednesday’s numbers: O’Reilly-Hannity-Baier 1-2-3.
- Somerby: Rachel Maddow goes to Nam! Q&A: Client No. 9.
- Video: Lt Col Peters says leaks won’t stop until people go to jail.
- ICN: Is Ailes thinking long-term about whether FNC needs AP?
- Controversy swirls around Oliver North column on foxnews.com.
06/06/12 00:29 Filed in: links
- The Five video: Lessons of the Wisconsin recall.
- New roles for Michael Clemente, John Moody at FNC.
- Tuesday’s numbers: O’Reilly-Hannity-Greta 1-2-3.
- Zurawik: The biggest loser in the recall was cable news.
- Greta has some clarifications for David Zurawik.
- You won’t believe who wants to host a show on Fox News.
- CNBC duped. Q&A: Ed Schultz (via TVN), Roland Martin.
- Video: Juan Williams with Imus on politics, Newt, and more.
- Video: Chris Wallace on GMA. CNN’s Bourdain moonlights.
- Byers: The worst night ever on cable news. ICN: However...
- Schultz bummed over recall. Top Big Ed election-night tweets.
06/05/12 00:15 Filed in: links
- Monday’s numbers: O’Reilly-Hannity-Baier 1-2-3.
- Video: Legal panel assesses lawsuit against Weather Channel.
- Q&A: Charlie Gasparino. Joe’s blog withering on the vine?
- MSNBC digital reorganizes (via ICN). Weekend numbers.
- Videos: Bill O’Reilly on Good Morning America and on F&F.
- The Five: more popular than Jon Stewart or Stephen Colbert?
- Guess who’s going to the big WWE Pay per View spectacular?
- Viideo: Angie Harmon on Rizzoli & Isles and Stand Up to Cancer.
- Zurawik: Schultz performed a public service. Total recall coverage.
- Factor video: Will network morning shows affect the 2012 election?
06/04/12 00:42 Filed in: links
- The Five video: Sarah Jessica Parker is on the Obama train.
- Friday’s numbers: O’Reilly-Hannity-Baier-TheFive 1-2-3-4.
- Bashir browbeats Russert, and an ICN prediction comes true.
- Greta: If you can’t beat him, smear him.
- Q&A: Janice Dean, Melissa Francis (more), Steve Krakauer.
- Profile: Chris Jansing. Melissa Harris-Perry at Wellesley.
- Video: Imus with Melissa Francis about her new show and more.
- Times op-ed calls out O’Donnell for anti-Mormon bias. More.
- MSNBC ‘clarifies’ Big Ed’s role at the WI Democratic convention.
- Behind the Juan Williams/Newt Gingrich debate confrontation.
- The Times is all atwitter over CNN’s celebrity chef weekend show.
- Hot & Not: Blitzer, Banfield, Berman, Bourdain, Hayes, Ailes, etc.
06/02/12 00:01 Filed in: links
- News Watch video: Media coverage of the Obama ‘kill list’.
- Video: Hannity debriefs the Edwards jury part one, part two.
- Gerri Willis’s new set. Q&A: Cenk Uygur.
- Diamond Jubilee coverage: Fox News, CNN.
- Sunday talkers: preview, tip sheet, HuffPo recap.
- Lean forward: MSNBC pulls partisan promo for Ed Schultz.
- Think tank challenges Maddow over ‘defamation’, hints at lawsuit.
06/01/12 00:05 Filed in: links
- The Five video: Is the government spying on Nebraska ranchers?
- Thursday’s numbers: O’Reilly-Hannity-Baier-The Five 1-2-3-4.
- Melissa Francis: 25 things you don’t know about me.
- FNC producer will stay put. Video: Alex Wagner on Today.
- ICN: What have we learned about the ever-evolving job offer?
- Lean forward: MSNBC host to speak at Democratic convention.
- Video: Bernard Goldberg calls Dan Rather comments ‘delusional’.