1/6/09 12:37 PM

Thursday Links & Open Thread

Latest cable news links [updated through the day]:

Rachel on Rachel: the column Huffington Post refused to print via (Inside Cable News).

Wednesday's numbers.

Greta to Obama: Get over it!
Anti-Fox strategy perilous?

Rachel Maddow sought job at Fox?!

Charles Krauthammer's iPod (if he has one).

Stelter: Cable wars. Radar: Spinners and losers.

Politics boosts FNC.

Hotline quotes.

CNN: less is more?

Reasons for Rachel.

Convention preview. MSNBC's schedule, CNN's plans. Video: FNC behind the scenes.

Alan's mailbag. Audio: "I'm not rude!" Revealed: Alan Colmes's hair.

J$P Poll results.

Use our valuable bandwidth to post your comments on any and all cable news topics in today's open thread. Standard rules apply.




All News is Fixed on Fox
Saw Wolfson on Fox and Friends this AM saying Obama should not take shots at Fox News, Was he not one of Hillary's campaign advisors, boy his advice really helped her get the nomination, why go on a channel where the put people like Corsi on alomost everyone of their shows, you can see the disgust on Doocy's face when he even mentions Obama.
August 21, 2008, 9:37:18 AM EDT – Like – Reply


Cecelia
Wolfson, of the Clinton Campaign, should be taken with a grain of salt.
 
His candidate, Hillary Clinton, used to invariably go into the mode of "you're not being fair, FNC", whenever she was asked a question on Fox that was not a softball.
 
That sort of device played well with the Kos Kids, who she was uselessly courting at the time, and seemed to be a gambit used by every pol with (D) after their name.
 
It was only when the Clinton Camp was in the position of having every other network treat Obama like he stepped down from Mt. Sinai, that the Clintonites became complimentary to FNC.
 
However, it may be significant that WOlfson is saying such things still. If HRC was Obama's VP pick, I think there would now be collective amnesia among those folks as to FNC's fair and balanced coverage of the Dem. primary.
August 21, 2008, 9:42:56 AM EDT – Like – Reply


All News is Fixed on Fox
Thats is true if Hillary would be Obama's pick he would no be trying to "Backhand Obama" so I think we can agree Hillary will not be the VP pick . But I disagree with the comment that all the other networks acted like Obama was a "god", he was a unknown quantity we all new who Hillary was, an eliteist, arrogant , backstabbing do I need to go on, her arrogance was so obvious that even Fox picked up on it, that is why she lost and who her husband is. Hillary was at her best when she was the underdog and she did find her voice at the end that is when Fox jumped on her bandwagon due do their anti-Obama hatred
August 21, 2008, 10:25:26 AM EDT – Like – Reply


vstol
All News is Fixed on Fox | Homepage | 08.21.08 - 10:30 am  
 
Is your choice of ID an attempt to make a false statement over and over without being challenged on its veracity?
August 21, 2008, 10:59:59 AM EDT – Like – Reply


Cecelia
If the media attributed to Hillary any of those characteristics you site and acted as such, you've just made her argument.
August 21, 2008, 11:09:16 AM EDT – Like – Reply


Mark
Pretty interesting analysis, Cecelia. Can you imagine the angst of Lanny and Wolfie if HRC were the VP nominee? And, what does FNC do with two (2) of her key campaign staff members, two (2) of her closest allies? I don't think there is necessarily a legal conflict, a regulatory issue, although this is a matter about which Johnny could more informatively speak, but there is certainly an apparent or functional conflict, isn't there?
 
Of course, CNN didn't fret over Carville and Begalia during the primaries, and I suspect this is all academic, anyway, but, again, very interesting.
August 21, 2008, 11:57:26 AM EDT – Like – Reply


All News is Fixed on Fox
My id is the truth you precious pew survey proved that.
August 21, 2008, 12:04:08 PM EDT – Like – Reply


Ashley
Then by your standard, all news is broken on CNN and MSNBC.
 
In another matter, wasn't that an excellent set of documentaries on Obama and McCain earlier in the week? Great stuff. Quality, fair and balanced. It's what we've all come to expect from FNC, the Leader in Cable News!
August 21, 2008, 12:30:01 PM EDT – Like – Reply


Guest
Fixed on Fox  
 
You'll have to help me out 'cause I'm obviously not as observant or discerning as you. Could you please show me where the Pew survey, which, BTW, is not mine nor, IMO, precious, proves that "all news is fixed on Fox?"
 
Thank you in advance for your hlp.
August 21, 2008, 12:40:07 PM EDT – Like – Reply


All News on Fox is Fixed
Well the is quoting Greg from yesterday, that Fox is tied among news organizations for the most who answer "I trust little about what report, and Cnn ranked ahead of them in the most trusted. and polling among Democrats did not trust Fox and Republicans did, go figure
August 21, 2008, 12:51:56 PM EDT – Like – Reply


Mark
I'd be curious, Ashley, how the panel on Hume (in abstentia) fits in with your fair and balanced claim. We've gone some time now with 3 neocons panelist and a moderator who, by all appearances, is playing straight man to them (but who otherwise seems to be reaonably fair). Would we just say that over the broader sweep of history this becomes fairer and balanced?
August 21, 2008, 1:05:51 PM EDT – Like – Reply


johnny dollar
Are we back to claiming Jeff Birnbaum is a right-winger? Oh no wait, today he's a "neocon", like the (also Jewish) Krauthammer.
 
Because 15 minutes does not prove or disprove the leanings of a channel, this has become a diversion, now carried over for a second day. There's a lot of cable news developments going on so there's no need to go down this road yet again.
August 21, 2008, 1:12:47 PM EDT – Like – Reply


All News on Fox is Fixed
Is it just me or does Johnny Dollar not want to hear that the channel he works so hard to is not as Fair and Balanced as he thinks they are, Alot of people would say it is all in the interpretation, but when Comedy Central, Stewart and Colbert rip on Fox for the same things we do, it just shows that it is obvious to the world, and (Colbert and Stewart are equal opportunity rippers)
August 21, 2008, 1:18:00 PM EDT – Like – Reply


Ashley
We've gone some time now with 3 neocons panelist Mark | 08.21.08 - 1:10 pm | #  
 
If anyone considers Mara Liasson and Juan Williams to be a neocons, their analysis skills are in Eric/Average American Patriot territory.
August 21, 2008, 1:31:39 PM EDT – Like – Reply


Ashley
All News on Fox is Fixed | 08.21.08 - 12:56 pm | #  
 
If you actually looked at the PEW report, you would note several things:
 
1) Regarding the issue of trust, the statistical difference between cable nets is negligible. However, the difference between the cable nets and the printed media is staggering in some cases. In particular, how much more trust people have in all the cable nets over the NYT.
 
2) FNC is the number one rated cable network with the largest audience (more dems watch FNC than any other cable net), and that FNC has the most balanced audience of dems/repubs/indies.
 
3) and I think it mentions the fact of how "the Factor" has been the number one show in the 8/5 PM slot for 75 consecutive months.
August 21, 2008, 1:37:25 PM EDT – Like – Reply


johnny dollar
> Is it just me or does Johnny Dollar not want to hear...
 
Well, it may be just me, but when you are fantasizing about other people, please include me out. Clear?
August 21, 2008, 1:41:04 PM EDT – Like – Reply


Ashley
Interesting, Maddow wanted to go to work for FNC, but had to settle for MSNBC. Can't blame her for trying!
August 21, 2008, 1:43:35 PM EDT – Like – Reply


Ashley
All News on Fox is Fixed | 08.21.08 - 1:23 pm | #  
 
We can disagree on the how much FNC is or is not fair and balanced. Every news outlet should be fair and balanced in their delivery of news and editorial/opinion. FNC is by far, the most fair and balanced cable news network compared to CNN/MSNBC.
August 21, 2008, 1:48:53 PM EDT – Like – Reply


vstol
The above Anonymous is I.
 
Fixated on Fox,
 
Sorry to keep this up, but I'm willing to give it one more try.
 
Your claim that the Pew report proves your ID is "the truth," whether it's "Fixed on Fox" or "Fox is Fixed," doesn't pass the smell test, is detrimental to any credibility you may have and doesn't answer either of my qustions.
 
If the answer to my original question is "Yes," no problem! In fact, it would be evidence that you possess an admirable level of slyness and wit.
August 21, 2008, 1:48:57 PM EDT – Like – Reply


All News is Fixed on Fox
But if you interpret the survey Fox Is Not Fair and Balanced. and the more they say it less people believe it also if you put all naked news on tv it would get the highest rating also, people watch Bill because he is a( shock jock) if you put it in radio terms people want to know what he will say next, just like people do with Keith what will he say next. Keith doesnt get the ratings becasue he is not a total sellout (Factor Gear etc.) Some of the best shows on regular tv get terrible rating Ex. Arrested Development, Friday Night Lights to name a few, they get cancelled becasue tv is all about the money. So lets all congratulate on Bill selling out for the almighty dollar for the last 75 weeks, Totally awesome
August 21, 2008, 1:51:28 PM EDT – Like – Reply


All News is Fixed on Fox
That about Rachel was pure gossip (Jossip a real reliable source, dang Rachel do you get your hard news from Star magazize) oh I forget you listen to Fox.
August 21, 2008, 1:53:44 PM EDT – Like – Reply


All News is Fixed on Fox
vstol
Does the truth hurt or does my moniker hurt you.
August 21, 2008, 1:56:24 PM EDT – Like – Reply


Ashley
All News is Fixed on Fox | Homepage | 08.21.08 - 1:56 pm | #  
 
"Keith doesnt get the ratings becasue he is not a total sellout (Factor Gear etc.)"  
 
Keith's not a total, but may 3/4?  
 
Are you saying Keith would get better ratings if he had a "Countdown Gear" or something like that?
 
Did you know that all the proceeds of Factor Gear go to charity? Nice thing for BOR to do, yes?
August 21, 2008, 2:07:58 PM EDT – Like – Reply


All News is Fixed on Fox
Although Fox is still #1 why has Newscorp stock plummeted 34% this year. are the stockholders loosing confidence or are they scared that if Obama becomes president Fox will be relegated to covering State fairs and antique auctions.
August 21, 2008, 2:12:38 PM EDT – Like – Reply


vstol
Neither
August 21, 2008, 2:17:10 PM EDT – Like – Reply


Cecelia
Does the truth hurt or does my moniker hurt you.
All News is Fixed on Fox | Homepage | 08.21.08 - 2:01 pm | #  
 
Obviously, your moniker hurts you.  
 
In the minds of any rational reader, it takes you beyond the area of being simply a critic of Fox, into a zone which precludes your having anything objecdtive to say.
August 21, 2008, 2:22:07 PM EDT – Like – Reply


Mark
Turning a remark about neocons into some form of anti-Semitism is out of character for you, Johnny, and I rather resent it. Why you have fixated on this, I will not hazard a guess. You work hard to keep this type of argument out of this site, as well you should. For you to now inject it is most puzzling and disappointing.
August 21, 2008, 2:27:25 PM EDT – Like – Reply


Ashley
All News is Fixed on Fox | Homepage | 08.21.08 - 2:17 pm | #  
 
Perhaps you can enlighten us with clear objective analyis rather than 7th grade logic. Give the actual share trading stats for the past year or two, and compare to actuals of the parent companies of MSNBC and CNN. Perhaps you'll discover that FNC won't be alone on Broadcast Row at the state fair.
August 21, 2008, 2:42:16 PM EDT – Like – Reply


HaggisFarmer
Haggis is happy to announce...Membership for OW has arrived
August 21, 2008, 2:44:02 PM EDT – Like – Reply


Ashley
Great! Just happened, a John Gibson appearance on FNC. Too brief though.
August 21, 2008, 2:51:30 PM EDT – Like – Reply


johnny dollar
> Membership for OW has arrived
 
Didn't I tell you it would? Contrary to some others who were saying it wouldn't? J$ will never mislead you!
August 21, 2008, 3:04:52 PM EDT – Like – Reply


vstol
Glen Greenwald's critique of Sacha Zimmerman's essay in The New Republic on the causes and effects of "The Rachel Maddoe Show" on cable news is one of the finest examples of an unmitigated dishonest slime job that uses out of context observations as an indictment of dogmatic bias and uses a like-minded partisan hack's similiar opinion as a validation of his own, while completely ignoring the compliments given RM and the thesis of the essay, that not allowing a balanced discussion between commentators with opposing views is not objective journalism and Zimmerman's clearly stated hope that Maddow's new show won't be more of the same preaching to the choir:
 
Zimmerman-"I really like Maddow and have found her thoroughly compelling throughout this latest campaign season, but I am not so thrilled about this trend toward partisan networks and news. By all means we should have progressive and conservative commentators and analysts, but is there no room for argument between the two?"
August 21, 2008, 3:13:18 PM EDT – Like – Reply


Ashley
BTW ANIFOF, while your at it, why don't you do a revenue analysis for the three parent companies as well, because as everyone knows, the stock price is not always the sole indicator of a company's financial health. Yahoo Finance is an excellent source for income statements, balance sheets, and cash flow reports.
August 21, 2008, 3:17:42 PM EDT – Like – Reply


Olby Sucks
Haggis is happy to announce...Membership for OW has arrived  
HaggisFarmer | 08.21.08 - 2:49 pm | #  
 
Between here and newshounds where will you find time to post all of your off topic links?
August 21, 2008, 3:21:19 PM EDT – Like – Reply


HaggisFarmer
Maddow to Fox...Right
Jossip confirms from a "reputable insider"....This wouldn't be an insider at Fox?...I only see pot stirring here.
August 21, 2008, 3:46:10 PM EDT – Like – Reply


HaggisFarmer
Didn't I tell you it would?
johnny dollar | Homepage | 08.21.08 - 3:09 pm |
 
You did...I just didn't think someone that appreciated Keith's talents would gain membership.
 
What was the Qualifying for the 4x100m like, today...UK men/US men/Women..All disqualified, along with a number of others countries.
 
* i'll try this post again, minus the F&F part.
August 21, 2008, 3:47:27 PM EDT – Like – Reply


HaggisFarmer
Olby Sucks | 08.21.08 - 3:26 pm |
 
OS you obviously haven't been paying attention...Since my 2nd banning I haven't posted a link...So why are you lying about me posting links?
 
@J&...Couldn't you find a less flattering photo of Greta?
August 21, 2008, 3:54:13 PM EDT – Like – Reply


vstol
Olby Sucks | 08.21.08 - 3:26 pm  
 
ROTFLMAO!
 
Thanks, I needed that.
August 21, 2008, 3:56:46 PM EDT – Like – Reply


Ashley
I just didn't think someone that appreciated Keith's talents would gain membership."
 
The folks who run OW seem to be very fair and open minded people. I'm sure they would gladly give all 12 of you membership.
August 21, 2008, 3:58:22 PM EDT – Like – Reply


Mark
Congratulations, HF. Any blog can use new blood, and with your wit and perspective, you'll be a great addition!
August 21, 2008, 4:01:09 PM EDT – Like – Reply


All News is Fixed on Fox
So bad stock prices means your company makes money, Did you learn that on the Fox Business Channel, boy they get good ratings, Ill trust Erin Burnett and Kramer any day.
August 21, 2008, 4:10:17 PM EDT – Like – Reply


HaggisFarmer
Nice job by Alan, last night on H&C...Who'd have imagined Corsi was a "9/11 truther"  
Mind you Hannity didn't seem that interested...He usually jumps down the throat of anyone who believes in that sort of stuff....What happened here?
August 21, 2008, 4:18:41 PM EDT – Like – Reply


Cecelia
Haggis,
 
I for one will enjoy your being at OW very much.
 
It's a great site and I'm glad we're getting some Olbermann champions there.  
 
Now there you won't be under the egis of a moderator as focused as Johnny. So I'll be sure to provide you with all the moderation you need.
August 21, 2008, 4:23:43 PM EDT – Like – Reply


HaggisFarmer
Mark | 08.21.08 - 4:06 pm |
 
Thanks Mark....I'll try and get over there tomorrow, sometime...Once I've watched the online version.
 
all 12 of you membership.
Ashley | 08.21.08 - 4:03 pm |
 
Ashley...That's a serious allegation you make there...Any proof?
August 21, 2008, 4:24:50 PM EDT – Like – Reply


HaggisFarmer
All News is Fixed on Fox | Homepage | 08.21.08 - 4:15 pm |
 
The stock I hold appear to be away down in value...How do I get this FBC, you talk about...I'm probably rich!...And I just don't know it.
August 21, 2008, 4:32:09 PM EDT – Like – Reply


Ashley
All News is Fixed on Fox | Homepage | 08.21.08 - 4:15 pm | #  
 
Stock price increases or decreases do not specifically indicate that a company is making or losing money.
 
If you cared to do any analysis on your own, rather than have Newshounds do your thinking for you, you would see that GE and Time Warner also have experienced  
comparable decreases in stock price over the same period. There are many reasons for the decreases.
 
Interesting how you fail to mention MSNBC or CNN financial health.
 
If you cared to do any analysis on your own, you would also see in the case of newscorp that revenues have been increasing significantly each year over the past five years. Their financial health is quite excellent.  
 
Considering the clearance rate of FBN on satellite and cable, their ratings are pretty good. I would wager that with a clearance adjustment for newcomer FBN vs. old-timer CNBC, the ratings would be close.
 
A correction regarding my 2:47 post. I made a mistake. When I wrote "7th grade logic", I actually meant to write "6th grade level debating skill". I apologize for the error.
August 21, 2008, 4:35:49 PM EDT – Like – Reply


Ashley
all 12 of you membership.
Ashley | 08.21.08 - 4:03 pm |
 
Ashley...That's a serious allegation you make there...Any proof?
HaggisFarmer | 08.21.08 - 4:29 pm | #  
 
Ya got me Haggy. I am caught. I am found out. I do not have proof. In all practicality, I don't think there is anyone on earth who could prove that there are 12 people who " appreciated Keith's talents"
August 21, 2008, 4:40:49 PM EDT – Like – Reply


HaggisFarmer
FNC will be in a bit of a dilemma, as to what poll to highlight...Their own poll inconveniently shows Obama +3....But there's that mouth watering Reuters/Zogby poll showing McCain +5...what will they do?
August 21, 2008, 4:44:21 PM EDT – Like – Reply


johnny dollar
What's the dilemma? Yesterday's poll was discussed yesterday. Today's poll has been discussed and reported on repeatedly this afternoon. Right now even as I speak. Man, I have to wonder about HaggisLogic sometimes.
August 21, 2008, 4:46:49 PM EDT – Like – Reply


Ashley
HaggisFarmer | 08.21.08 - 4:49 pm | #  
 
Simple, they will report it if they have not done so already. They are fair and balanced (and have I mentioned the #1 rated cable news channel?)
August 21, 2008, 4:47:53 PM EDT – Like – Reply


HaggisFarmer
johnny dollar | Homepage | 08.21.08 - 4:51 pm |
 
Not so fast there J$....Lets see where the nightly talking heads lean...Especially Hannity and Laura...They get backed into a corner and I guarantee they'll come out spouting Reuters/Zogby.
August 21, 2008, 4:54:12 PM EDT – Like – Reply


tony
Hag: They will do what they always do, they will report both. Its called being honest.
August 21, 2008, 4:54:21 PM EDT – Like – Reply


Ashley
FNC will be in a bit of a dilemma, as to what poll to highlight...Their own poll inconveniently shows Obama +3....But there's that mouth watering Reuters/Zogby poll showing McCain +5...what will they do?
HaggisFarmer | 08.21.08 - 4:49 pm | # 
 
After reading J$ 4:51 post, I became curious about something. Of these polls, do the fox haters out there believe that FNC conducted a more accurate poll, or did Reuters/Zogby?
August 21, 2008, 5:01:57 PM EDT – Like – Reply


Olby Sucks
But there's that mouth watering Reuters/Zogby poll showing McCain +5...what will they do?
HaggisFarmer | 08.21.08 - 4:49 pm | # 
 
Don't forget the "far-right" Rasmussen.
August 21, 2008, 5:04:32 PM EDT – Like – Reply


johnny dollar
Haggis, usually you attempt to control the discussion here with diversions about something that allegedly happened. Now you are attempting to do it with a diversion about something that exists only in your fantasy: coverage that hasn't even happened yet. Incredible.
August 21, 2008, 5:06:22 PM EDT – Like – Reply


Danny
I was looking at the Fox News Poll. There some thngs that make me uncomfortable.
 
No, it is not that the poll comes from Fox News. Fox news is obviously the best cable news network that can be found in the U.S. This is the only network that tries to present diverse POVs and more than one sides of opinion/argument. People who don't like Fox News tend to be fanatical liberals who don't like any other view presented than their own.
 
The things that bother me are this: 1. the small sample and 2. registered voters are sampled instead of likely voters.
 
Since Fox samples only 900 people, this puts Fox towards the bottom of the major polls in terms of the number of people that are sampled. It is mind boggling that with a sample size that is not much larger than the population of my high school, you could make accurate predictions concerning the behavior of the total voting population of the U.S.
 
Since Fox does not screen out people who are unlikely to vote, that would seem to make the poll less valid. This is so because it is the VOTING population that is of interest.
 
Still, with those defects, the Fox Poll seems to be in line with what the other polls are saying.
 
That being said, I am still of this opinion: Even though Fox News is the unquestionably the best cable news network, it does not provide the best poll. The only consolations is this: CBS poll is worse . . . even by the criteria I mentioned.
August 21, 2008, 5:08:17 PM EDT – Like – Reply


Mark
Well, the poll discussion is most interesting, and I suspect you're on to something, HF. FNC has been finessing the poll, today, as it were. Alas, I must board a plane. The Tirol beckons me, but my boarding pass says LAX. A most unhappy circumstance, indeed. My continuity will be lost, but fight-the-good-fight for truth, justice and the Anglo-American way, HF.
August 21, 2008, 5:11:56 PM EDT – Like – Reply


johnny dollar
> FNC has been finessing the poll, today
 
Buffalo chips. Crap. And worse.
August 21, 2008, 5:16:50 PM EDT – Like – Reply


HaggisFarmer
Ashley | 08.21.08 - 5:06 pm |
 
FNC don't actually carry out the poll. An independent polling company will do this on FNC behalf...So I'm quite comfortable with the poll....But maybe when things start to look desperate...Our man Ailes will change things.
 
johnny dollar | Homepage | 08.21.08 - 5:11 pm |
 
I think my fantasy is odds-on favourite to be correct....But who knows...Funnier things have happened.

Edited By Siteowner
August 21, 2008, 5:19:05 PM EDT – Like – Reply


Ashley
Have a good trip Mark. Be advised there is a pending strike by over 2,500 LAX airport workers. They voted yesterday to authorize the strike, but the unions have not pulled the trigger yet.
 
I sincerely do hope that the strike doesn't happen. Regardless, I also sincerely hope you have a pleasant and safe trip.
August 21, 2008, 5:22:00 PM EDT – Like – Reply


vstol
Ashley | 08.21.08 - 4:40 pm 
 
Ashley | 08.21.08 - 4:45 pm 
 
Another reason I like coming to J$P! When a regular commenter makes a mistake, they promptly admit and correct their mistake. An admirable trait displayed by folks who consider honesty a necessary condition of worthwhile relationships.
August 21, 2008, 5:22:26 PM EDT – Like – Reply


Cecelia
Ya got me Haggy. I am caught. I am found out. I do not have proof. In all practicality, I don't think there is anyone on earth who could prove that there are 12 people who " appreciated Keith's talents"
Ashley | 08.21.08 - 4:45 pm | # 
 
Oh, goodness! My bad! I thought you had meant Mark as being 12 people and I was going to assure you that I could prove it.
August 21, 2008, 5:27:59 PM EDT – Like – Reply


HaggisFarmer
Mark | 08.21.08 - 5:16 pm |
 
I'll do my best....But as you know we're up against some hard nut opposition here...But I'm beginning to see crack appear...Danny criticising a Fox news poll for one.
Mark your well reasoned posts will be missed, while your away.
August 21, 2008, 5:29:19 PM EDT – Like – Reply


johnny dollar
> I think my fantasy is odds-on favourite to be correct..
 
As as Haggis posts, Fox is discussing the results of their new poll. Lamest Haggis Diversion Evah!
August 21, 2008, 5:34:32 PM EDT – Like – Reply


Ashley
"FNC don't actually carry out the poll. An independent polling company will do this on FNC behalf..."
 
You are correct. I understand that, I could have been more clear in my original post. However, the Fox haters tend to discredit anything and everything that Fox puts out, so I ask again, which poll do you fox-haters believe is more accurate?
August 21, 2008, 5:37:37 PM EDT – Like – Reply


HaggisFarmer
As as Haggis posts, Fox is discussing the results of their new poll
johnny dollar | Homepage | 08.21.08 - 5:39 pm |
 
Your spinning J$ and you know it...I'm talking about the talking heads using the +5 poll...Starting with O'reilly.
 
"Lamest Haggis Diversion Evah!"
 
That personal attack must be right up against the limits of the rules here...So I'm now even more certain I'll right. :lol:
August 21, 2008, 5:45:21 PM EDT – Like – Reply


johnny dollar
> Your spinning J$ and you know it
 
Let's see. I post a fact and you call it spinning.
 
You post a guess about the future based on zero evidence, and that means you're right. But you're not spinning, eh?
 
Why don't you answer Ashley's question? Which poll is more accurate: Zogby or Fox? That will be a good way to wrap up this topic.
August 21, 2008, 5:47:40 PM EDT – Like – Reply


All News is Fixed on Fox
In the matter of polls the most accurate Poll is the NBC-Wall Street Journal poll and before all you get started on NBC the poll was the one Tim Russert used and we can all agree he was the most fair and balanced newsman of our time, and I cannot wait to hear how Luke does, hopefully a chip off the old block.
August 21, 2008, 5:49:59 PM EDT – Like – Reply


vstol
you could make accurate predictions concerning the behavior of the total voting population of the U.S. -Danny | 08.21.08 - 5:13 pm 
 
Polls don't predict, they measure. If they could accurately predict, no one would need to take any future polls.
 
And as someone who watched much of Fox News' coverage today, Fox displayed no indication of being in a dilemma. Furthermore, the accusation that Fox News were finessing the poll without providing a single example, any evidence or even any reason why the accuser came to that conclusion is a consummate example why it is so difficult to take them seriously or believe their motive is not to have an honest and mutually respectful discussion, but to simply clog up the threads. 
 
And what I find ironic is, if they would just be honest, the result would be a robust discussion and a fuller thread.
August 21, 2008, 5:52:29 PM EDT – Like – Reply


HaggisFarmer
Why don't you answer Ashley's question? Which poll is more accurate: Zogby or Fox?
 
johnny dollar | Homepage | 08.21.08 - 5:52 pm |
 
I've already said: "So I'm quite comfortable with the poll" (FNC poll)(5:24 pm post)
 
"You post a guess about the future based on zero evidence"
 
But your also guessing about the future...You don't know what poll they'll use....So we're both speculating....I'll pick my winning up tomorrow.
August 21, 2008, 5:54:58 PM EDT – Like – Reply


All News is Fixed on Fox
And Haggis doesn't have to answer Ashley, he just get the same blather Fox is no. 1 Oreilly 75 weeks no 1, her arguement is stale and old and deserves no response.
August 21, 2008, 5:55:00 PM EDT – Like – Reply


Danny
Johnny,
 
I'll answer the question. Generally, I hold in the highest regard the Zogby and the Rassmussen (phonetic) polls. They both do comparatively well in terms of sample size and the fact that they attempt to poll the voting population.
 
Also, they both have a good track record.
 
The one worry I have about the Zogby poll is that it seems to be an outlier right now.
 
Haggis, you don't read very well if you thought I was cracking in my support of Fox News. To the contrary, I said in my post that Fox News is unquestionably the best Cable News service in the United States. I explained why I believe that.
 
I also said that people who oppose Fox News tend to be fanatical libs who don't want any other POV presented except their own.
 
Please try to read posts more carefully next time!!!
August 21, 2008, 6:01:24 PM EDT – Like – Reply


johnny dollar
Discussion of polls is now closed.
August 21, 2008, 6:03:01 PM EDT – Like – Reply


david smawley
KO has never beaten Laura Ingraham's ratings when she is the guest host on The Factor, not in the 25-54 key dem category and never, ever even close in total audience.
August 21, 2008, 6:05:59 PM EDT – Like – Reply


All News is Fixed on Fox
In all honesty I would never pick on Fox if they put like a Hemmer, Camerota and David Briggs on Fox and Friends, then put Megan Kelly with like Kelly Wright, leave Scott and Skinner together, also leave the LIve Desk the same, Shep is cool, put Julie Banderas on AEH (Election Hq's) leave Cavuto where he is. The combine Hannity, Colmes , Oreilly and find a powerful personality who can even things up for Alan. Dont see Doocy and Carlson anywhere do we. That would be a perfect Fox
August 21, 2008, 6:19:56 PM EDT – Like – Reply


Ashley
"And Haggis doesn't have to answer Ashley, he just get the same blather Fox is no. 1 Oreilly 75 weeks no 1, her arguement is stale and old and deserves no response."
All News is Fixed on Fox | Homepage | 08.21.08 - 6:00 pm | # 
 
I'll just get the same blather from Haggis? Gee, can't either of you answer an "a" or "b" question?
 
Regarding the other stuff about BOR. That's not an argument. Nothing to argue about, it's fact. You are right, if you can't dispute those facts, there is no response needed. BTW - it's 75 MONTHS, not weeks. But if you prefer weeks, then it's 325 weeks. (that sounds pretty cool!)
August 21, 2008, 6:22:50 PM EDT – Like – Reply


HaggisFarmer
*J$...It's only fair that you post this to show that I've been proven right.
 
I know you've closed polling posts....But I think I've been vindicated by Cavuto.
 
"Cavuto cites two polls...Ignores own Fox poll showing he's(Obama) in the lead"
August 21, 2008, 6:32:26 PM EDT – Like – Reply


johnny dollar
OK I posted it as you required. And it doesn't prove you right. It proves you're either fabricating, or you're a dupe of the liars where you lifted that claim from. Because Cavuto DID cite the new Fox poll today in that segment. I saw it with my own eyes and heard it with my own ears. He did NOT cite the Zogby poll you falsely predicted. The ONLY poll he cited about public support was today's Fox poll.
 
I didn't want to slap you down in public. I emailed you to explain why I wanted to keep the subject closed and posting this claim by you wouldn't help your case. But since you insisted, so be it.
 
Now can we please keep a subject closed when it is closed?
August 21, 2008, 6:40:12 PM EDT – Like – Reply


HaggisFarmer
Ashley | 08.21.08 - 6:27 pm |
 
I have answered you question.
August 21, 2008, 6:40:59 PM EDT – Like – Reply


Ashley
david smawley | 08.21.08 - 6:10 pm | # 
 
You are right! Yesterday's numbers support your statement. Laura kicked Keith's rear end, both in overall and in "the" demo. Poor little Keithy, I wonder which NBC cameraman/grip/aide is getting berated today for some insignificant act!
 
The numbers for H&C are tremendous! Congrats guys. Well done. I'm sure both Hannity and Colmes are proud, very proud, to work for the #1 cable news network!
August 21, 2008, 6:55:01 PM EDT – Like – Reply


HaggisFarmer
I wonder which NBC cameraman/grip/aide is getting berated today for some insignificant act!
Ashley | 08.21.08 - 7:00 pm | # 
 
Steady....I think your stumbling into O'Reilly territory there...Remember this...f*** it, we'll do it live.
August 21, 2008, 7:03:07 PM EDT – Like – Reply


Ashley
HaggisFarmer | 08.21.08 - 7:08 pm | # 
 
I love it when you compare KO to BOR!
August 21, 2008, 7:17:48 PM EDT – Like – Reply


Mike C.
First of all, that was approximately 18 years ago.
Second, what is the obsession the Fox haters here have with Steve Doocy and Gretchen Carlson? I don't understand it. Are they doltish right-wing monsters to you? If it isn't Hannity/O'Reilly that are collectively bashed and smeared, it's Doocy/Carlson.
August 21, 2008, 7:26:33 PM EDT – Like – Reply


Cecelia
Tell it to his former ESPN colleagues, Haggis...
August 21, 2008, 7:35:36 PM EDT – Like – Reply


SteveMG
That Rachel Sklar piece is pretty powerful.
 
I think the "Olbermann-is-running-things" narrative greatly underestimates the desire by Griffin and Campus to push the network further to the left.
 
Desires driven by both money and personal philosophy.
August 21, 2008, 7:51:58 PM EDT – Like – Reply


Olby Sucks
Remember this...f*** it, we'll do it live.
HaggisFarmer | 08.21.08 - 7:08 pm | # 
 
How can we, you post it every half hour on newshounds!
August 21, 2008, 7:59:39 PM EDT – Like – Reply


HaggisFarmer
Olby Sucks | 08.21.08 - 8:04 pm |
 
More fat porkers...From who else but OS.
August 21, 2008, 8:29:12 PM EDT – Like – Reply


All News is Fixed on Fox
Ashley keeps beating Fox dead horse about we are No 1 blah blah blah, and soon when all is said and done and the great Obama becomes president f, fox might as well move out of their DC bureau, no used to be there when no one will talk to you, call it censorship call it whatever you want Ashley keep up you 8 th grade cheerleading, because the bigger you are the harder you fall, another coincidence is that Fox has been number 1 for a long as we have been getting Bushed, so soon Fox will be Obamad.
August 21, 2008, 8:36:52 PM EDT – Like – Reply


Ashley
Wow ANIFOF, you sure told me!!!
 
Telling me what, I don't know.
August 21, 2008, 8:49:53 PM EDT – Like – Reply


All News is Fixed on Fox
Can some one tell me what were the ratings for the Obama and McCain stories on FoxNews, just curious which on had the highest ratings
August 21, 2008, 8:51:39 PM EDT – Like – Reply


sharm
and all news is fixed on fox write with such clarity can't argue those points he make huh, maybe he beat dead horse not ashley, maybe beat stable dead horses. 
 
I can see how a poser could get hooked on that kind of writing.
August 21, 2008, 8:51:56 PM EDT – Like – Reply


Fox Fan
Haggis, I liked the O'Reilly "F*** it! We'll do it live!" video. It reminded me of something I would say. 
 
ANIFOF, who here keeps beating a dead horse? Your moniker perfectly describes the dead horse of fallacy you keep beating the drums of. FNC will outlive Bush and outlast Obama. Face it, you're destined to b**** about Fox for life. I'll be smiling at your wasted emotion the whole time.
August 21, 2008, 8:56:51 PM EDT – Like – Reply


Fox Fan
All News is Fixed on Fox | Homepage | 08.21.08 - 8:56 pm | #
 
Check the rest of the numbers. They are less overall Monday than Tuesday, your question is transparently misleading.
August 21, 2008, 9:06:47 PM EDT – Like – Reply


All News is Fixed on Fox
All I want to know is will Obama If becoming President will he give or anyone in his administration give fox the open door of the White House like Fox has know, can anyone in here tell me if he will, if he doesnt give them the time of day know, why doesnt he give them the time of day know, why didnt Hillary at the beginning of the primaries give Fox alot of interviews, why doesnt Howard Dean come on Fox, do I have to keep going, why did Lanny Davis rip Barbie Doll Carlson for her slanted interview in March, why go on a channel so slanted and biased,. someone in here give me an educated answer why, and dont tell me he is afraid, I would like to see the demographics here in the mid section of the country for ratings, I know thw NBC station has been number one for three years at so in their news coverage, is Fox more New York and LA which are two of the three ladgest markets in the us what are their number in the heartland. someone tell me.
August 21, 2008, 10:04:49 PM EDT – Like – Reply


vstol
Flumoxed Fox Fixater, Why should anyone answer your questions when you refused to answer mine:
 
Is your choice of ID an attempt to make a false statement over and over without being challenged on its veracity?
vstol | 08.21.08 - 11:04 am |
 
It's a simple question. Yes or no? Don't wait for the translation, yes or no?
August 21, 2008, 10:36:14 PM EDT – Like – Reply


SteveMG
It's one thing for a candidate to shut out a network because he doesn't like some of its coverage of his candidacy.
 
It's another for an entire Administration - which is supposed to represent the people - stifling a network. Especially when that President claimed during his campaign that he wanted to be someone who transcended partisanship.
 
Candidate Obama may or may not need the votes of the people who watch Fox. But a President Obama won't have that luxury of ignoring the citizens who do watch Fox.
August 21, 2008, 10:47:53 PM EDT – Like – Reply


All News is Fixed on Fox
Yes Fox news is Fixed toward the republicans you know I know we all know it everone in here who is positive towards Fox i bet at least 80 percent will vote for McCain. The reason Fox is Fixed is Doocy, carlson, Oreilly And Hannity , and all you guys can say is Msnbc is fixed because of Olberman and Matthews but is Msnbc being locked out by a presidential candidate no is Fox yes. what does that tell you ,
Fox news (mostly the 4 mentioned above a MCCain loyalist) is fixed
August 21, 2008, 10:51:39 PM EDT – Like – Reply


All News is Fixed on Fox
No Steve in American you can change the channel and that will happen If Obama wins and that is to bad for some of the good guys at fox (Hemmer, Macallum,Kelly, Gallgher, Shep, and all the weekend crew) Just four people make FOx fixed.
August 21, 2008, 11:08:15 PM EDT – Like – Reply


vstol
"...is Msnbc being locked out by a presidential candidate no is Fox yes. what does that tell you ,..."-FFF
 
It tells me Obama is a sham and you're an....oooops! Almost forgot.
August 21, 2008, 11:14:00 PM EDT – Like – Reply


Olby Sucks
"we all know it everone in here who is positive towards Fox i bet at least 80 percent will vote for McCain."
 
As opposed to 99.9% of olberman viewers voting for your boy? You must hae smething ettr to do than to hate a little old news channel that only 1% of the country watches, no?
August 21, 2008, 11:14:24 PM EDT – Like – Reply


Fox Fan
By "fixed", do you mean equally presenting both sides, fair, and balanced? If so, I can't agree with you more ANIFOF!
 
Too bad the other channels can't claim the same.
August 21, 2008, 11:14:54 PM EDT – Like – Reply


ashley
To ANIFOF.
 
My prediction. Write this down.
 
If Obama wins the 2008 election, and if he wins reelection in 2012, Fox News will:
.
.
.
.
.
drum roll please
.
.
.
be doing just great as the number one cable news network, and BOR and Greta will have the number one shows for their time slots for 140 consecutive months.
August 22, 2008, 2:11:53 AM EDT – Like – Reply


SteveMG
All News is Fixed on Fox:
Last try from me because, frankly (sorry), you're incapable of hearing a different view on the issue of Fox News.
 
If Obama is elected president, his Administration - like any Administration - will need to get its "message" out to the public. There will be, again as with any Administration, difficult times when they face a crisis or problem.
 
It's absurd to think they won't send out their representatives to Fox News - the most watched cable news network - to convey that message and sway public opinion.
 
They may not want to appear with specific individuals (a Hannity, for example) just like it would be absurd for a McCain Administration to send out people to appear with Olbermann.
 
But they'll gladly - and willingly - want to appear on FNC's news programs.
 
It's frankly foolish to think otherwise.
 
Now, can we lay this question to rest?
August 22, 2008, 9:31:18 AM EDT – Like – Reply


All News is Fixed on Fox
Will Obama appear on Fox , thats a big fat no
August 22, 2008, 12:00:12 PM EDT – Like – Reply